FARZ (she/her)
27/SG
definitely not who you think i am


"I have come to love myself, for who I am, for who I was, and for who I hope to become.”

- Joon

Friday, October 25, 2013 5:36 PM
say it loud & proud
"that's beautiful"

Dear Ms Glassman, I'm thankful to have you as my GP tutor. I came in to TJ thinking how much I would dread GP lessons so much because I don't have much....general knowledge. Despite all the readings you made us do with the package, the debate, the newspaper article, the current affair quiz, news article presentation, writing logs, essay outlines  and what not you were a brilliant teacher.  
Teachers are aplently but none are as brilliant as you. You made us feel that grades weren't that important for GP. You imparted to us skills that we would carry for a life time. To be able to critically think and see the world from multiple viewpoints, you taught us not to look at things at face value. And neither did you. You didn't judge us base on our academic capability. You were so nice making time for us whenever we needed consultations. Even though it gets a little frightening when your (beautiful) eyes stare deep into our soul, I know all you want is for us to try harder, to think harder. 
Even though Mondays were the worst days to have double period gp in the afternoon, the 100 minute lesson seemed to pass by relatively fast. You introduced us to new things every lesson and we may not be the most responsive class ever but we can honestly say that we did learn. I don't know how else I can thank you, I don't know how else we can. 
You've done so much for us and even though its the same people speaking up in class every lesson, you hardly get annoyed with us for being quiet. (You hardly get annoyed with me for being quiet).
You were more than a teacher, you were like a friend to us. I'll never forget the time you gave me a cookie for doing the current affair quiz. I'll never forget the time you asked me if I was okay when I was crying. I'll never forget all the times you showed us care and concern. I hope you know that we'll never forget you.
We may not be the best student, but you are somewhat our best teacher.
Thank you Ms Glassman. We'll really miss you a whole lot. GP won't be the same without you. 

Love, a grateful student. 

Labels: , ,


X O